Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekly Update

Well this week has had its ups and downs.  Food wise as well as energy levels and being able to make it thru watching my friend Leeann in the Owosso Community Players theater group's rendition of 2 X 2 Based off of the story of Noah's Ark.  I found out that Leeann can sing!  Tonight was their last performance, I hope you were able to catch it!  If not, there are plenty of other shows coming up including a new presentation of Steel Magnolia's which I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you Helen Marie!!!  GO WHEEZER!  LOL

For food, as I vlogged earlier in the week, I have done alot of juices.  I have to "technical" difficulties with food this week so there was a mixture of both juices and smoothies.  Eric even joined in some taste testing of them and found that he really likes my Pineapple Orange Smoothie. 

Pineapple Orange Smoothie (Makes two very large pints or 4 regular glasses)

1 Whole Pineapple (you can tell its fresh if the inner most leaves on top its head pluck out easily, if you have to tug at it, its not ripe yet)
4 Oranges
2 small individual serving containers or Vanilla Yogurt
A quick squeeze of Agave Nectar
1 teaspoon of Bee Pollen

I threw them in the VitaMix and blended on high for just a minute or two.  I did have to use the tamper to push down the items as they were not falling onto the blades by themselves...maybe next time I will put the oranges in first before the pineapple....

Another concoction I tried this week was alot of red grapes that needed to be used.  I actually still have a ton....anyways.  I put about 3 cups of grapes in with two gala apples.  Having my technical difficulties I put this mixture into a nut milk bag because I just wanted the juice, no fiber.  Shaun and Eric both tried a cup of each and enjoyed it.  Eric said it as a unique taste but he thought it liked it and would drink it again....

Food wise the best thing I kept down was semi-raw.  I cooked some Basmati Rice and then threw ontop of it in a bowl: 

1/2  of a cucumber diced
1 stalk of celery
1 sprig of green onion
1 handful of cilantro leaves (then chopped it)
1 TBS of Coconut Aminos (to cut down on the amount of soy sauce I use)
1 TBS of Noma Shoyu (aka Soy Sauce)

Mixed it all together and at last minute squeezed 1/4 of a lime (1 wedge) on top of it all.  It tasted really good.  I plan on making this again in the near future (possibly tomorrow, definitely this week) so that I can take a photo for next time.  Just need to come up with a name for it.  I have no clue if there is such a recipe out there for this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment