Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Book Review - Raw and Beyond: How Omega-3 Nutrition is Transforming the Raw Food Paradigm

 
 
This review is from: Raw and Beyond: How Omega-3 Nutrition Is Transforming the Raw Food Paradigm (Paperback)
 
When I received this book I am cracking its pages as I begin to live a Raw Lifestyle. I have been researching this way of eating for quite some time. Now I am physically putting what I have learned from books into play. This book provided me with information about the importance of Omega-3 nutrition. As I have no knowledge of nutrition, it did take me a few times to read it before it began to sink in so to speak.

As a newbie to Raw Food, there were a few items in some of the recipes I had to look up because I had no clue what they were. It is not written for the new Raw Foodist such as myself, but I can appreciate that fact that the three authors are well respected in the industry and have the confidence to let us know they have made a mistake with their past beliefs and can admit it. We benefit from their mistakes and can learn from their past experiences.

I am currently in what most call a transition and having both raw and cooked recipes was indeed a plus for my palate! I also like that Mrs. Boutenko shares her daughter's knowledge and recipes with us as well. Overall, I enjoyed the book. I have tested over ten recipes the past two weeks and enjoyed many of them. Among them my favorites are Merlot Pickeled Onions, Noodle Salad with the Sweet Miso Dressing, the recipe for Ranch Dressing (BIG THANK YOU ELAINA!) and the Garden Minestrone with Wild Rice & Sage Pesto.

I give this book 4 stars on Amazon.com because overall I did appreciate and like the content of the book.  I would recommend it to the more veteran raw foodist that want to further their personal libraries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment