Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kale Pasta with Asian Flare


So last night I was making pasta for the guys.
I really wanted some pasta for myself so I came up with the above.
I took 1/2 cup of the cooked pasta and then threw it into my wooden bowl.  I then added 4 leaves of torn kale, a handful of mung bean sprouts, a handful of parsley, one green onion, one tomato, and two tablespoons of Whole Foods' Vegetarian Shredded Parmasaen Cheese.  I also added a bit of leftover ginger dressing I had in the fridge plus a dash of red pepper flake for a bit of heat.  It was really good.   I did massage the kale beforehand in the juice of 1/2 a lemon and it sat out on the counter for about an hour...that is what I was origianlly planning on eating for dinner, the Kale.  I plan on making this again in the near future.  Next time I want to see if pineapple juice would break the kale down the same way lemon juice does to see if I can give it even more of a tropical asian flare to it next time.  I know that the pasta is not necessary Asian, I just did not want to dirty another pot to cook rice noodles, I got them, but just did not want to cook more than I have too.  This combo might also work with my kelp noodles too!  (I just thought about that!)

For breakfast this morning, I had an Almond Strawberry Mylk Shake.  It was ok, don't think I used enough strawberries, will add even more next time. 



Lunch was a juice.  I used celery as the base, then added one red delicious apple, one grannysmith, 1/2 a lemon (leftover from last night), handful of parsley and about 1/2 a cup of filtered water.  I ran it thru the VitaMix and then strained it in a nut milk bag because I just was not in the mood for a smoothie, I wanted something less thick in texture.  I was surprised to find out that I really enjoyed it.  I had to add ice to it because I like my juice cold, but at the same time, I had to defend my juice concoction from Shaun as well.  He loved it too! I will try to take a photo of him next time.


I have been contenplating on whether or not to do a juice fast/feast.  I want to get a few more recipes under my belt that I know I will love to drink before going on a multiday (10 days) fest.  Plus I want to make sure with the calendar I am not going to have any outside temptations as well.    Back to the books for research.

I am currently reading Raw and Beyond by Victoria Boutenko, Elania Love, and Chad Sarno.  Be on the look out soon for my review.  I did receive this book from Mrs. Boutenko for my review and will give my honest review once I finish the book and taste test a few of the recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment